Here are some of my public appearances and media clippings!
This is a Documentary of me, done by Syracuse University Newhouse students.
Kayla at SU speaking about ending the R word, article by the Daily Orange.
Kayla and Senator Schumer speaking about the ABLE act.
- I was invited to give the closing speech at the National Down Syndrome Society’s Gala event at Gotham Hall in New York City. Check out the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EvOuhHAODY&sns=em
I gave the Keynote speech at the NYC Realtors and Construction Gala for Special Olympics in New York City. Check out the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDB7ZAiLSnE&sns=em
- I delivered the keynote speech and welcome the Special Olympics athletes to Central New York. You can see a video of the opening ceremonies here on Syracuse.com.
- I auditioned for and was chosen for the National Down Syndrome Research Treatment Foundation’s PLUS 15 Video – see it at http://www.plus15.org
- I was a 2010 Joshua O’Neill and Zeshan Tabani Enrichment Fund Recipient – see my picture on page 5 of the NDSS Oct. 2010 E-Newsletter: [pdf]
- An article published by YNN Central New York about the Special Olympics events in Seneca Falls: Special Olympics head to Seneca Falls
- This is a speech I gave in a Central Square elementary school
- Here is a newspaper article from the Syracuse Post-Standard about the Special Olympics.
- This is me addressing the association members at the NYSRDA annual meeting
- Here I am accepting a donation from Pirate’s Cove Marina on behalf of the Special Olympics
- I was named a Sunny Sensational Kid by Sunny102 radio:
Kayla McKeon, a junior at Cicero-North Syracuse HS, an excellent student who has been on the honor roll, volunteers at church, does theater at SU, and is an inspiration to others with Down syndrome.